Monday, September 27, 2010

Recent Developments

We've been busy the past two weekends. There has been a lot of football watching (Marc), and a lot of shopping (me). It's hard to keep enough clothes around for this growing belly. We've also been working on the basement fix-up, nursery, registry. It seems like we're always working on a project or thinking about a project.

Other than that, I spend hours researching purchases we're making. A new vehicle is being researched (baby doesn't want to ride in the Jetta with the bumper held up by fishing line?), cloth diapers vs. disposables, and a big camera purchase that I finally decided on and executed.

After tons of research and interviewing every photographer enthusiast I know, I decided on the Canon 60D. It's pretty awesome, though I don't really know how to operate it yet. Some examples of its work below. Poor images are a result of my very limited skill and knowledge.
Marc is known for wearing his DARE tshirt from 6th grade. He scoured the internet and finally found a DARE onesie and just had to have it so he and the baby can match.
I found a dresser on Craigslist and painted it to be a changing table. I wanted it to be long so I can put other things on it too since there won't be room for any other shelves.

Finally, bump at 27 weeks. I'm not sure why I didn't think to write the weeks on my little chalkboard a long time ago. Oh yeah, and I dyed my hair dark (totally safe) for the fall, and got some full bangs. Theser are my equestrian pants. The shiny part on the inside of my knees is leather. Every guy who sees them thinks they're weird but I love them. They're on sale at JCrew if you need a pair :). They probably look much better on non pregnant/bloated legs.

5 comments:

Jordan E said...

Sarah, you seriously look amazing. I love the pants... but I know some boys who wouldn't understand them either.

I love the dresser!!!!!

Gina & Brian said...

Love the blog updates! You are such a stylish pregnant lady!

Lisa Cotter said...

I want those pants!!!

Mom said...

Love that baby bump & the Dare onesie. Can't wait to see you!!

linz1118g said...

Umm... Why is it that my mom is one of your blog stalkers before me?!? I didn't even realize that you had a blog! Work must be really busy right now. ;) The house is looking great and so is lil' Merry! Talk with ya soon!