Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lately

Lately I've been thinking of a few pros/cons of no longer being pregnant. Since I have a lot of pregnant readers, I thought I'd share.


Pro: Being able to wear cute clothes
Con: Not getting to wear elastic waist pants (so comfortable!)
Pro: Sauvignon Blanc, Mojitos, Margaritas, Bud Select
Con: Glowing pregnancy skin is replaced by tired mommy face
Con: Thick pregnancy hair is falling out by the fistfull
Pro: No more belly in the way
Pro: Sushi!
Con: due to Ava's sensitive tummy, cannot eat: oatmeal, very much soda, anything spicy (including salsa ughh), milk
Pro: Allowed to get the old heart beating over 140/min=real workouts!


Obviously the best part of not being pregnant is that this little lady is out. She's getting bigger, cuter, sweeter by the day. This is the little face I get to come home to every night.Tell me this isn't the sweetest face. Pardon the drool, runny nose, spit up on cheek. I always think it's gross on other people's kids, but somehow on mine it isn't. I just see those big, happy eyes and want to kiss those chubby little cheeks.
Bath time, girl loves her bath! Is it weird that this is one of my favorite pictures? I was trying to take a pretty picture of her and this was her reaction. It's kind of like a "this is reality" moment.

5 comments:

Tim, Lisa and Edan said...

Sarah she is soooo gorgeous! I love your pros and cons list. I would have to agree with all of them and a runny nose on someone else's child is gross.

Anthony and Katie Green said...

awww, she is so adorable, I love those cheeks! my favorite is the bath picture though, she looks so happy:)

Lisa Cotter said...

I love this blog! Sweet Ava :)

sweis said...

Sarah - She is absolutely beautiful!!! Her eyes are incredible! Hope you are enjoying every minute - I am currently counting down the days till I can have any alcoholic beverage I want (just in time for the summer!!), but I am already sad about losing the nice thick hair and elastic waistband pants too :( Oh well, there is always next time :)

Mom said...

It's possible that I'm prejudice, but this is a beautiful baby! So happy, amazing eyes!! When can I add, as a pro to aging, elastic waste pants again??