Friday, April 29, 2011

Do or Don't?

This is a fun little game I'd like to start playing on the blog-Do or Don't. I'm presenting a few controversial items and you can tell me if you think they're a do or don't. Mostly these are things I'm on the fence about. All opinions welcome, no offense intended or taken from comments.

Do or Don't: Giant platform wedges. I'm dipping my toe into this trend this season because I think I like it to a certain extent. I'm having a hard time committing to something as drastic as the example below. What do you think? Do or Don't?

Do or Don't: Tom's. I really hated Toms when they first made their way to the non-coastal states (I'm betting people on the coasts have been wearing them for 2 years by now). Now they're starting to grow on me, especially since they've started using pretty fabrics like shiny grosgrain.

I'm not sure I'm boho cool enough to pull off a pair, but I've heard they're extremely comfortable, and that would make my broken-ball-of-foot happy. Of course, I'm typically much more form over function, which is why I'm on the fence about these. It also seems like they might end up in the same rarely-worn shoe pile as my Sperry's because they're kind of in the same category. What do you think? Do or Don't?

Do or Don't: Giant baby hair bows. This is the most extreme example I could find. I have to tell you that I'm not on the fence about this. I'm into it. I even think the one below isn't that bad. I also love Derby hats and the hats the British Royals proudly wear. I think of this bow as more of a baby spectator hat than a bow. What do you think? Do or Don't?

Do or Don't: Giant flower on baby. I want to think this is ridiculous and do most of the time, but somehow as I was getting ready to write snide remarks about the baby below I started thinking she looked really cute. Again though, I'm thinking of the flower as more of a spectator than a headband. The thing I usually hate about these giant flowers is that they look really cheap like they came out of the Hobby Lobby clearance bin. If I found one in nice fabrics, I'm fairly confident it would end up on Ava's head (poor girl). Maybe you would all think she looked silly, I'm sure her daddy would :). What do you think? Do or Don't?

Please leave your answers in the comments. Do you have something I should poll the audience about? Let me know!


4 comments:

Jordan E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan E said...

Oh, I love this game already.

1. Platform Heels - I have seen some that I really like and do like the ones you show. I am into platforms, but not into big buckles or anything too gaudy. Sometimes it's hard to find a platform without the gaudy, but I have seen some amazing ones a la Michael Kors.

2. Tom's - I am still on the fence about these too. In my old age, I like things better when it's unique and everyone on the street isn't wearing it, too. Tom's would be nice on vacation or silver or gold ones as bridesmaids gifts might be cute. The ones you posted look very ballet-shoe to me, which makes me like them but also think they will get dirty ASAP.

3. Baby bows and flowers - This is a yes all around for me. As long as they are stylish and nicely made (not necessarily expensive, just not cheap) then I say YES. Ava is a very pretty, stylish girl. Tell Marc she can still play sports with a bow on her head.

lorib said...

1. platform heals- don't. They look a little too promiscuous.

2 tom's- do! they go good with cropped pants and seem perfect for riding a bike in the summer.

3. bows- do. if it is a girl of course.

Gina & Brian said...

1) Platform Heels - could totally see you in these! Are they practical for most of your activities these days? Work, toting baby around?

2) I can't get on the Tom's bandwagon - and I'm in a coastal state. I get it they are comfy and very humanitarian-focused. Let me knwo if you get these and how much use you get out of them. Too casual for work probably for me and I'm much more of a flip flops in the summertime girl.

3) Love giant baby hair bows.

4) I love the crocheted baby headband and flowers even more than bows, however not as big as the photo you showed. And I agree on the quality of the fabric. I pre-ordered one in purple online JUST IN CASE we have a girl for newborn photos.....I probably just jinxed my whole pregnancy and now my baby boy is getting a good laugh.