Monday, September 14, 2009

Boots...Are You Ready?

Today at work I was on a rant re: boots. I love boots and anticipate boot season just as much as everyone else, but the end of summer is not the appropriate time to whip em out. Let's enjoy the end of summer and anticipate fall.

It is not time for boots, it is not time for tights. I know, I'm sad too. What can we do in the meantime? How about TRANSITION pieces! Mom and I have spent a lot of time discussing transition pieces.

Transition Plan:
-Rompers a la Anthropologie-get one, maybe two. I just got the Scottie romper below as my
back to school outfit from mom and dad, thanks!!!
-Thin plaid shirts-seeing them everywhere
-Leggings (instead of tights)
-Thin scarves
-Vests over short sleeved shirts
-Blazer (do not wear your velvet just yet)
-White button up with cotton skirts in fall colors.


The time for boots will be here before you know it. I'm pretty interested in booties this year, per the observations mom and I made in Paris. I'm excited to wear my new Cole Haan boots from last year (still need to get them stretch to fit around my "athletic calves"), and, I'm wanting these:

5 comments:

Jeanna West said...

Love Love Love that Romper!

Tim, Lisa and Edan said...

Thank you for the advice Sarah. I take it seriously and really appreciate it. And I love that Romper!

Anthony and Katie Green said...

Love the blog, and welcome back I must add :) I am glad you let us know all the rules. I was wondering how "we" felt about those plaid shirts...so good to know. good to know.

Jordan E said...

i love the booties too!

Mom said...

LOVE. Where do the brown booties with the bow on the back come from? If they come in black/grey I may want them too!! Please respond :)