Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Happy one month birthday, baby Ava! She has really changed a lot in a month.
One of the biggest changes is her hair. She was born with thick, pretty dark hair. Well, that's half way gone now. She's a little old man, totally bald in the front but still lots of hair in the back. I hope the rest falls out soon. (She HATED her one month photo shoot I did with her.) She really did not like being in this basket.

My birthday is coming up and I've decided that I want the LV Neverfull in the largest size and in the print below. I have decent justification...I need a bag big enough to be a purse/diaper bag for quick trips. I just need to be able to throw a few diapers, wipes, change of clothes and a bottle in a bag real quick for short trips like Target, dinner, the mall. I've quickly learned a big diaper bag is unnecessary in most cases, so this seems like a logical solution. Ok, maybe buying a LV diaper bag isn't a LOGICAL solution, but it actually would do the trick for what I need.
This week Ava and I went to a girl's dinner at Liz's house. She wore her cute little blue and white outfit with her pink bow. She looked so cute that baby Edan Crews snuck a kiss at the end of the night. She enjoyed seeing all the girls and the girl talk.

When she's not out being social she enjoys evenings at home just hanging out with mom and dad...especially dad (I think).
We've started the cloth diapers and they're going great so far! She had one potty leak out the leg, but that is due to the diapers still being big on her. I was really worried about poop stains, and after washing my first load there were some stains. However, today I dried a load outside in the sun for a few hours and all of the stains completely disappeared.
The diapering set up is the same in the nursery as it was with disposables except now we have an extra little trash can to throw away the disposable wipes. The diapers get put into a trash can with a lid and then I just take the whole trash bag and dump in in the wash. Easy.

3 comments:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

awww, she is so cute! Love her little hair and I think that purse makes total sense, haha:)

Jordan E said...

Marc, please buy Sarah the LV for BDay / Mother's Day... she did carry Ava for 9 mos and her boobs are the reason you don't have to buy formula! She deserves it! :)

Lisa Cotter said...

I loveeeed the girls night with you and Ava! I think the LV is a perfect idea :)