Monday, October 12, 2009

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel sooooo bad.


1. Getting to see Dad on his way to hunt elk in Steamboat last Thursday...dinner at Fogo de Chao, delicious.

2. Planning a trip here...

...with him. Can you believe how cute this little Marc is?

3. Owning these boots that I was only dreaming of last winter, thanks Mom and
Dad! A few trips to the cobbler later and I can actually zip them, "thanks athletic" calves!

4. Signing up for another bootcamp-love/hate, but thinking about all those squats and pushups somehow makes me happy. Maybe this time I'll actually pass out. I came dangerously close several times during my last bootcamp.


5. Cute houses like this in Vernon, France. I took this picture while riding a bike (pretty impressive) on our way back from touring Monet's house and gardens (pretty impressive).


6. Biking in Versailles, dreaming of Marie Antoinette and all things extravagant, opulent, and excessive, just like Marie. Few places will ever beat Versailles in my book, and few days will beat this awesome day spent biking and piq-niqing avec Mom. "It's gone already? Why did we only get one bottle of wine?? Big mistake." This was shortly after my little trip to the woods. Thanks for having my back, Mom. Couldn't even say I was taking pictures!?

I'm feeling much better. I hope sing Sound of Music songs all day.

***Katie, let me know when you're feeling the need to perform the Sound of Music soundtrack, you know I'm down. It has been awhile.

3 comments:

Jordan E said...

I want to see a picture of you wearing the boots! They are awesome!
Very cute post!

Anthony and Katie Green said...

Yes, very cute, and you know I am down, whenever!!

Mom said...

Great post! You're welcome for the boots & the loan of Dad. Sorry about missing the Versailles lie - I'll practice. I can also sing along and probably recite more than a couple of speaking lines. Just sayin.