Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baby Daddy

Ava and I are both very lucky to have a wonderful daddies. 

I could just go on and on about childhood memories with my dad-coaching my softball team, taking me to pitching lessons, teaching me how to show goats for 4-H (holding Daisy's head nice and high in the pic below), showing me how good the crunchies at the bottom of pan-fried meat are (definitely do judge me), teaching me that garlic, butter, and salt are necessary in any dish, making my high school friends and me toast with butter AND peanut butter, never calling anyone by their name (Jordan=Taylor, Marc=Schnuckums or Marc with a C), a birthday call every year from "the president" saying birthdays are cancelled, giving the best speech at my wedding reception, telling me I'm just building character when things don't go right.  Like I said, I could go on and on.

Fam-Never noticed Caddie at the edge of the woods behind me!!  I think it's Cadums, right?
A few nights ago I was downstairs listening to Marc upstairs with Ava.  He was brushing her hair saying, "you're so pretty with your hair brushed, you're such a big girl with your hair parted so pretty."  I was beside myself in the best possible way listening to that precious moment.

Marc notoriously did not want a baby girl.  "Can a girl throw a football?" "Can she wear hoodies?" "Ugh, the teenage years!" I don't think he's looked back since the moment she was born.  These two are in their own little daddy-daughter club that is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
Daddies do fun things like put you on their shoulders to look around while mommies run around trying to take decent pictures, find just the right pumpkin, keep white tights clean in a muddy field, keep both shoes on, keep the flower in the right place on the headband, wipe a runny nose, think about what to have for lunch, make things overly complicated, find a bathroom.
Daddys buy you fun pajamas with glow in the dark skeletons and candy tummies for Halloween. 
Daddies love to get you dressed up in their favorite team's colors and logos to watch games together.  They scour the internet to find infant sized gear for you. 

Mommies makes sure there are ruffles on the bottom of your game day bloomers and your team outfit is coordinated and properly girly....they also make sure that when the game gets close you are fed and have a clean bottom.  Sometimes big games make even the best daddies forget things like that.

3 comments:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

awww, what a good blog. There was never any doubt in my mind that Marc wouldn't be the best girl daddy around. Daddies are so special and I am so happy Ava has a good one!

Lisa Cotter said...

Could she be any cuter??

Lucas N Shook said...

I think that's Muffy. Cadums wasn't quite so white.