Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ready to Run

Oh the joys of winter treadmill running...
-racing with your treadmill neighbor
-the mind games one must play with oneself in order to not quit after 5 minutes
-endless hours spent downloading music and organizing your itunes library to create an inspiring workout mix
-fighting for a treadmill at the gym (Jan and Feb only)
-feeling the judgement from the stationary bikers behind the treadmills (sorry about the jiggles, at least I'm at the gym)

When I'm on the treadmill all winter, I like to dream about running outside. It's warm and sunny, a 10 minute mile does not feel like a sprint, and it will whip you into shape in no time.

Here are the races I'm looking forward to this spring!

This is a fun little 5 miler on April 27th (gasp, that's early).
5k, downtown course, very hilly, for the homeless, finish by running around the warning track in Coors Field, free pizza

A few comments about this picture: sorry about my face, my feet do not look like I was running, but I swear I was-I DO NOT walk during races (old cross country rule), I need a tan, that one leg looks pretty good.
This was at the Bolder Boulder in 2007. BB is a 10k on Memorial Day, nice course, great bands along the way, sometimes the weather is chilly.
Who's with me?














1 comment:

Lisa Cotter said...

I'm so with you! Can we please sign up for the Bolder Boulder and a half marathon soon so I have some motivation to run?

Btw - I also love racing people on the treadmill..... love it.