Sunday, October 5, 2008

Treasures from Home

It is always a very exciting day for me when I receive a package from home. Usually I have an idea from Mom that treasures are on the way, but I never know exactly what. That is part of the fun. I received these delightful autumn treats just last week. Thanks Mom and Dad!


Mom found this dress at H&M in St. Louis. She arrived to Denver wearing it this summer. I took it over later during the visit, and now I have my very own. That is why my Mom is so great. Per our rules, when I am complimented on it, I always say Mom found it first. Those are the rules.

Mom found this little French poodle pin and jet bead bracelet at the flea market and was so sweet to share them with me. The poodle will be making frequent appearances on sweaters and jackets this winter.

Mom also copied all of the wonderful paper products she found at the flea market and sent them to me in full sheets. I'm going to use them to update my little shadow box. I love this Halloween handkerchief too!


In every package I have ever received from Mom and Dad, there are always treasures from Dad tucked away at the bottom. There is usually a "natural" element-a plastic snake, or a part of an animal (sometimes gross), and there is always a carpenter pencil. I always get a carpenter pencil when I go home too. I have a nice collection now.
I liked the assortment this time. (1) Carpenter pencil, (2) pennies, (1) nickel, (1) bullet thing, (1) rattle snake rattle (Where this came from, I do not know).
Thanks very much for the treasures Mom and Dad!



No comments: